Ana Guzmán is an Artificial Intelligence Specialist (Fi-UBA) and Image and Sound Designer (FADU-UBA). She was a researcher in “Audiovisual design and new poetics
and ad-honorem professor in “Theory and aesthetics of media” at the Faculty of Design of the University of Buenos Aires.
Her work is an investigation into the poetic gestures that can be found in theoretical mathematics and western scientific discourses.
theoretical mathematics and western scientific discourses that structure our current visions of technology.
technology. Combining canonical forms of production with an experimental approach to research,
it is common to find in his work the use of artistic tools that enrich and expand the understanding of human-machine interactions.
understanding of human-machine interactions and the history of technology in Latin America. She completed an artistic residency at the University of Toronto
in 2022 and has worked on the development of the “Kennedy Space Station” project since 2020.
Kennedy Space Station (KSS) is a non-physical place conceived and developed from a location on the outskirts of Bogotá, Bogotá, Colombia.
in the periphery of Bogotá, Colombia: Kennedy. It is a place of speculation around the knowledge of space and a connection to the
space and a connection to the name of the space centre located in the USA. The creation of a place
mirror from Latin America that proposes a speculative research and appropriation around fiction and technical tools in function of the
fiction and technical tools as a function of creation and artistic research.
“Archivos Atómicos” open call selected.
Title: Rocas Lunares
During six Apollo missions, NASA has collected 382 kilograms of lunar rock and soil samples that have been studied and preserved at NASA facilities. However, there are 15% of samples that are stored in a “remote facility” that only a few people know about, in order to have a backup in case something happens at the centre where the other 85% of the samples are stored. “Moon Rocks” builds a fiction about 15% of the samples stored in an “unknown” place that now has an exact location on the map: the town of Kennedy in the south of Bogotá, at the Kennedy Space Station.
“Moon Rocks” is the digital version of the physical simulations of real moon rocks that exist on Earth. Drawing from NASA’s photographic archive, the work is an exercise in conversion: taking a terrestrial rock and turning it into a lunar rock through the use of artificial intelligence, photogrammetry, modelling and 3D printing.
Fileformat: .MP4, .fbx